Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Compulse Rework Idea 
Ratheart
Sergeant
Sergeant

First, let me begin by saying that I hate skills that get a straight block from the game.
You cant Compulse this mob or cannot stun this mob shows how broken a skill is that it needs to be flat out blocked.

That being said, I think this Compulse Rework would be cool and allow all mobs to be compulsed.

Compulse is Willpower based. It is currently Wil/Wil/Wil - so lets make it use Willpower more!

Primary Change:
1. Compulse becomes a debuff (curse type effect only lowering enemies Willpower)
2. Compulse does 0 damage, you or your team still need to kill the NPC. (Stops players using it as a 1shot KO for penting/zones)
3. If NPC dies with Compulse debuff on them they become Compulsed/Resurrected.

Optional Modification: (Makes more use of Willpower and the debuff in 1.)
When NPC dies it compares your willpower vs enemies, the same way other spells compare resistance/immunity etc.
Example:
Willpower (Player) is >60 of Willpower (NPC) - 100% Compulse chance.
Willpower (Player) is >30 of Willpower (NPC) - 50% Compulse chance.
Willpower (Player) is Equal of Lower than the Willpower (NPC) - Compulse Fails, you cannot dominate it's mind.
I know with Curse/Curse2 this is kinda pointless since they lower BWIAS soooooo much, but it would still be a good mechanic.

This would also mean you can leave 99% of mobs Compulse-able.
For fights such as Gatekeepers or bosses it would just be a debuff and once you kill them it would fail to summon, not making the skill players spend millions of exp useless.
Thoughts? Very Happy

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

I can not truly say that I am overwhelmed with enthusiasm.
Cool

Tulkas
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

if this were to possibly happen would people who chose compulse be able to change their choice if they wanted?

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

I like that idea...

The whole willpower thing is abit confusing and complicated if you ask me
 Re: Compulse Rework Idea 
stickman
Private First Class
Private First Class

BUMP. Watching someone just walk along compluse / transfer like 10 mobs is ridiculous.

Ratheart wrote:

Primary Change:
1. Compulse becomes a debuff (curse type effect only lowering enemies Willpower)
2. Compulse does 0 damage, you or your team still need to kill the NPC. (Stops players using it as a 1shot KO for penting/zones)

I was about to make my own post suggesting this and thought... maybe I should search the forum to see if anyone else was screaming about this. And here it is word for word... but 2 years ago and still the same.

This is how its implemented in every other game I have played... You need to be able to kill the mob before it comes under your control... if you dont kill it fast enough before the debuff runs out then nothing happens.

From my understanding of the code this would actually be an easy implementation to do. As I believe the spells are handled as items and the owner of the spell can just be stored in one of the 10 item data fields. If those are in use i think there is some fields in the old code called future / future3 stuff like that where you could store the owner info of the caster of the compulsion

And if making a new spell is the reason why you dont want to do this change you could simply add a check so that when you cast compulse the target needs to be < 25% health to trigger. You know like catching a pokemon...

I dont think leaving the spell the way it is should really be an option.

Sigtyr
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

As the spell is now, no AH above rank of General like to use it. And it was way more broken before, then now. And I'd also liked to see this skill fixed. I my self have chosed Poison over Compulse from the second I could chose my skills. But Sorces don't have a choice to chose another arch skill, unless chosing not to get it at all that is, wich makes that a spell you can speed pent easy with, as long as you got the mana for it. Maybe raise the mana cost of this skill, and not make it an AH skill too would be nice? Leave it for Sorces only Arch skill?
Something should be fixed about it, I agree on that. So that's my thoughts around Compulse skill. (Also, AH have GC that last till you transfer it or dies it self, who is allowed to follow trough portals, wich Compulsed monsters can't. AH don't need 4 GCs.)

-Sigtyr

Marky
Brigadier General
Brigadier General

It is a great spell in prison on a AH. Speeds up a run through it quite a bit. Cast a dummy gc, lead him in, walk behind him, compulse the officers and transfer them. Next room!
Used it in other areas in the same way.
Some really seem to like penting with them, so they have told me. Was not my cup of tea, I prefer lazy sword swinging Wink