Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Spell duration (EW, Prot, Bless, etc?) 
Grolsch
Corporal
Corporal

The problem: All low ranks struggle with spells and mana regeneration. Some classes more than others. As a hara who utilizes GC, I use 2 of all spells pretty much. that's 155 mana after MS. I'm just thankful to have meditate while my templar co-players depend strictly on pots! I am brain storming on how to adjust this incredible difficulty that is heavily slanted towards players who are just restarting or trying the game for the first time. If you have a previous character, say a Captain for example, you can quickly and efficiently farm or buy mana pots. New players have low gold so 7g or whatever a flask is very burdensome. This problem is heavy on low rank new players.

The Solution: I think we should consider a slight buff to the duration of bless, protection, and EW. The first 3 will be a buff to all classes. This is mainly a quality of life buff. It should not necessarily make the game easier, it will just make it go smoother. New players won't have to walk away from the game for 2 or 3 minutes to regen so they can play for the next 5 to 7 minutes then wait again. We should buff the duration of these 3 costly spells from 10 minutes to 15 or 20 minutes

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

There was a change done some time ago for low ranks to make mana pots empty on use, instead of disappearing.
All you need is a stockpile of flowers and you have a huge supply of mana pots going forward.
This feature stops round about officer I think.

When I start a new character, I become a farmer, or is it a gardener.

Are you harvesting as you go?

lilbubz
Recruit

The refillable pots should be able to get you by until 2nd lt when they start poofing on use. It would be cool though if there was maybe a new skill (like duration) to increase the length of spells. Or maybe the length of all buffs including drugs >=D maybe something to consider for future rebirths... hint hint Smile