Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Should we change the way the charges are made for bank and personal depot
No - Leave the charges for both depots the same (status quo for bank and free for personal)
0%
 0%  [ 0 ]
Yes - Make the charges the same (personal charged the same as the bank)
6%
 6%  [ 1 ]
Yes - Make the charges the same (personal and bank) but reduce the level of the bank fees (will need a further poll to determine how much to change it by)
13%
 13%  [ 2 ]
Yes - Make changes to the bank depot charge but leave the personal depot as free ((will need a further poll to determine how much to change it by)
80%
 80%  [ 12 ]
Total Votes : 15

Bank charges - 1st Poll 
Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

There has been a hypothesis proposed that the cost of storing items in the bank is too expensive and hence the bank depot is rarely used.
There is an alternate hypothesis that the personal (clan) depot is free and hence this is being used and non clan members are discriminated against.

Facts
There is a charge for storing items in the bank and if you do not have enough gold in the bank it will sell your items to cover the rent.
There are 512 player characters, of these 288 are clan members.

Player inventories (carried items) and fairly evenly spread for frequency with 91 players having the maximum 40 items.
The bank depot is sparingly used with 438 players having an empty bank account.
Of the clan members only 41 do not use their depot and the usage of the depot is spread fairly evenly from 1 item up to the max of 62 items.

Options being considered.
1) Change the cost of storing items in the bank depot to make it more attractive
2) Change the cost of storing items in the pdepot to make it more equitable with the bank depot.

This is where you the player can decide which option we should try.
There will be two polls.
The first will ask:
Should we change the way the charges are made.
1) Leave the charges for both depots the same (status quo for bank and free for personal)
2) Make the charges the same (personal charged the same as the bank)
3) Make the charges the same (personal and bank) but reduce the level of the bank fees (will need a further poll to determine how much to change it by)
4) Make changes to the bank depot charge but leave the personal depot as free ((will need a further poll to determine how much to change it by )

If we need a 2nd poll then it will determine the level of the charge relative to todays charge rate (from 0% to 100%).

There are differing views on which option to follow and also differing views on which way you will vote.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

I think it should just be free, almost no items have actually had their depot prices considered when being made and there are several ways to get around it for free storage, they're just tedious and not fun(spamming alts to 1mil exp)
Also currently screws over being new(if no clan leaders are active) or a purple player since neither have access to storage without just spamming alts and raising them to enough exp to not be deleted.
As for giving pdepot a price, im 100% against this. Many people simply wouldn't be active or read the forums and would have a majority of their items just deleted due to not having gold on them.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

LazyWarrior wrote:
I think it should just be free, almost no items have actually had their depot prices considered when being made and there are several ways to get around it for free storage, they're just tedious and not fun(spamming alts to 1mil exp)
Also currently screws over being new(if no clan leaders are active) or a purple player since neither have access to storage without just spamming alts and raising them to enough exp to not be deleted.
As for giving pdepot a price, im 100% against this. Many people simply wouldn't be active or read the forums and would have a majority of their items just deleted due to not having gold on them.

Completely agree with Lazy on this. Depot cost only harms new players. And makes things tedious. I see no real benefit in keeping it or making pdepot have a cost. Just adds another barrier to entry that we really should get rid of instead of making worse.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I don't use my bank depot because I forget what's in there. I rarely even put gold in there anymore.

Where /pde can be used anywhere in game to see what you have.

My vote, to make them both free or the bank depot should be next to free. Maybe have a little bit of a fee, like a weekly fee or something. But per item is silly and gets expensive quick.

Edit:
and I voted for the wrong one Rolling Eyes

perpetualgamer
Private First Class
Private First Class

My vote is just give /pdepot to non-clan players. I didn't even notice pdepot was a clan command, it plainly makes no sense.

Jantaveon
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I like the idea of free bank depot.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The Poll has closed.

Votes 13:3 in favour of
Change - Yes - Make changes to the bank depot charge but leave the personal depot as free ((will need a further poll to determine how much to change it by).

I will add a poll soon to adjust the bank charges.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Lordlava wrote:
The Poll has closed.

Votes 13:3 in favour of
Change - Yes - Make changes to the bank depot charge but leave the personal depot as free ((will need a further poll to determine how much to change it by).

I will add a poll soon to adjust the bank charges.

14:2 considering offended voted wrong on accident : P