Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Bubbles wrote:
chronicxx wrote:
Shouldn't all the classes be tested vanilla with no gear just basic equipment and all of them be balanced like that. You guys add far to many arguments and reliability in comments for drugs and gear and this pot and that pot. TBH shut the Crispies up haha. If you go off and rpots, gpots, dpots and ppots. Then craftsbles so be it that's all economic Reeses in my opinion. Kitkat to be sold not to Twix that a shield has +1 more swords "omg! Game breaking Ohhenry" this game is 20 years old gum flappers and keyboard saints! Who the Smarties cares about pvp? Hershey a duck dudes your game isn't even an MMO any more it's just an online game, that's it. Sorry to burst your bubbles! Your games time has wayyyyy passed.

CoffeeCrips knows why a Templar even uses mana in this game it literally makes no sense!

Hara = wizard uses billions of mana
Merc = (uses both) more of a bard theif type conception then breaks down into two separate archs because lets face it. seyan should be the most powerful cuz it's the iconic race of the game!
Templar = high hit points and should in my opinion use no mana at all and all on hp loss and endurance use. And it would actually make it more unique, fucking stood there watching a Tincan bang out wizard spells I mean who the Snickers who even thought of that. That idea was legitimately the worst idea in a pc game I've ever seen and such a rookie development mistake in my
Mind. Templars should be all like chop chopidy chops-cicles bits of grolms flying around not chpppy choppy "one sec mate as I bang out a wizard spell" -bless, protection, enhance- what the Caramilk is that! That's your whole problem with a Templar. Have some passion for the pure hack and slash I expected a Templar arched to be like swinging swords chopping legs off letting off warcrys that make everything Aero itself followed by some faith based endurance shit like will not give up Crunchies like the black knight in the holy grail! Yes mate that would of been so so much better.

Seyan like I said before best of both hara and Templar it's got the meat and the veggies!

Necromancer is just a poor excuse to make something newer in the game and clearly was the conception of staff members who pushed it more than likely to attempt to give the game a bit more modernisation.

/override rant
/skua

Just my opinion on the concept of what a Templar ought to be.

Edited: addition thoughts yes! /override rant!

Changes I'd like to see is get rid of that spell crap on templars bless prot and ew and introduce faith based skills being that a Templar is a faith based knight and make it use endurance and get rid of resistance they don't need that! More
Immunity would be a good start let them be stunned easily, cursed and poisoned even blinded their immunity as they grow should see them shrug that off in just a couple of seconds. Why THE BOUNTY does warcry reduce armour that makes no sense, sort that out! It should make enemies scared in fear and make them weak at the knees I.e slow down their dps. Clearly that would be better. Like I said before endurance from their faith so it would be a skill like bless/prot/ew all in 1 skill if you have to keep the poxy mana thing for them it should be biased 80/20 end/mana use. How on this green and blue earth did someone decide that a tank should end up slugging back more mana potions than a wizard based race so frequently, I mean come on. Wake up it's a tank!!!! Hit points baby and insane surround critical hits! Not an endless pile of mana flasks the shame of it. Shame on that person who made that decision. Get naked now and go outside with a bell and walk that street! Shame..........shame.........shame.........shame.........shame........shame.........shame...........shame!

Edited again.

make the faith based skill replacement of the bless/prot/ew drain on endurance like my mercy saggy mining arms and rotund belly.

I literally have never been able to let the mana Templar thing go. I just have this sad image of the Templar in retirement with his broken home around him and peasant attire sloshing around like mana addicted drunk. With his only possession a pile of used flasks as his fortune was spent on greater mana potions from all the alchemists who have beautiful houses and all his gold. Just the shame of it! Omg I need therapy. It's been 15 years and it still just kills me.

Day 15 still no one has noticed my editing.

I thought he did the chocolate brands all on his own.

Bubbles for President for the Templar's Elite Association! !!!

We shall have cookies and a tad of milk!

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

"But what the caramilk is that?!" Shut the crispies up hahahaha

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Im having troubles in uw with my templar as well. I hate the cool down on the spell. I'm assuming templars are now the easiest target to kill in pvp? Unless you carry skua stuns.

What do you all suggest?
A skill like harden that would take endurance over time but allows your sh2 to crit?

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Unless you have insane gear you will not reach mods high enough to sustain a pleasant penting session. Your av is too low without harden and your harden makes it impossible to sustain WC so you have to make a choice. I find that most people over estimate how good this class really is without a ton of ss gear, scrolls and potions. All of which is not as necessarily on every single other class.

I think Harden should be a toggle with a drain every minute or so for a certain amount. Also think harden should have some impact on wv or damage. Harden is on the back end of rotation if you use WC while it may actually increase the experience of the class.

I am also tired of hearing about pvp or what if someone spells the AT. It is a pointless comment because with BS/SS gear, anyone except templar can reach 300/310 mod bless. Obviously with their current skill set they under perform other classes that with minimal effort reach significant mod/power on protection and enhance. The only class lacking in that department is the AT. Even with perfect gear, an AT cannot reach 310 mod easily if at all. They are stronnger but are much weaker than other classes overall in self spells. I mean, a seyan can hit 190wv and use blast 2. An AT reaches much less spectacular wv with no burst option and mechanics that every other class has. WC is supposed to reduce AV but the difference is still not enough to make up the gap to other classes.

Limitless
Corporal
Corporal

What if warcry had a poison skill added to it? Poison costs mana for classes that regen mana. If WC has a poison affect, it would raise killing speed with SH2, yet cost endurance instead. Just a thought that I’m sure will be shutdown, but still worth commenting.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Asmodeus wrote:
Unless you have insane gear you will not reach mods high enough to sustain a pleasant penting session. Your av is too low without harden and your harden makes it impossible to sustain WC so you have to make a choice. I find that most people over estimate how good this class really is without a ton of ss gear, scrolls and potions. All of which is not as necessarily on every single other class.

I think Harden should be a toggle with a drain every minute or so for a certain amount. Also think harden should have some impact on wv or damage. Harden is on the back end of rotation if you use WC while it may actually increase the experience of the class.

I am also tired of hearing about pvp or what if someone spells the AT. It is a pointless comment because with BS/SS gear, anyone except templar can reach 300/310 mod bless. Obviously with their current skill set they under perform other classes that with minimal effort reach significant mod/power on protection and enhance. The only class lacking in that department is the AT. Even with perfect gear, an AT cannot reach 310 mod easily if at all. They are stronnger but are much weaker than other classes overall in self spells. I mean, a seyan can hit 190wv and use blast 2. An AT reaches much less spectacular wv with no burst option and mechanics that every other class has. WC is supposed to reduce AV but the difference is still not enough to make up the gap to other classes.

As Lordlava once stated, nothing is permanent. We just have to sit down and discuss the problem and then find the correct solution.
I assume we could adjust the armor reduction upon WC but you seem to have something else in mind.

is it me or a lot of people suggested multiple solutions over the time but no one seem to agree with eachothers?

Sharpen:
skill similar to harden. Increases WV instead of AV.
Sharpen cannot be activated at the same time as harden.
No end cost but 200mana cost or something.

Reduce WC cost
based on rank or base WC. Being on the move you can't WC as much in pents or AT and this limits capacity to kill faster as well.

Increase the WV of Ice axe from emerald cave
like 100 or something. It cannot be used by anything else than AT anyway. Right now there is no point to use axe as an AT. Staff gives med and +10staff mod. Both of these bonuses trump 8wv and vic crits.

Make sh2 have the possibility (with high enough mod) to hit 100% of the time
instead of only 25% of the time as it does now. Would significantly amplify kill speed for melee classes. The ones that need it most (AT) would of course have the potential to hit 100% of the time more consistently given their mods. Lower levels would not be able to reach this speed.

Surround Crit.
We can make it like a normal crit proc but then instead of hitting 1 you'll hit 4
Or get it as an arch skill where the mod power will determine the amount of hp your hitting em for (passive skill which will only activates when crit procs... i think a clickable skill which causes you to crit is abit overpowered.. whatever the costs are)

complete rework from chronic/lab5:
- Remove Spells.
- Give us an skill which mods our other skills. (Like bless, yes, but we don't need bless, we need Battle Prowess or something c00l).
- Give us an option to boost our WV with an skill like Harden which relies on endurance used/time.
- Give us faster health regeneration and endurance regeneration and an skill which we can activate with a cooldown that will boost faster health regeneration for a few seconds at the cost of endurance when we are in a pinch, maybe also raise av so we get less dmg, make it a short boost and fast regen, you guys know how to balance stuff. Like a heal but it doesn't give you a bunch of health, it just adds a boost to the regen and it adds a bit of more protection so you can still die, but not as fast. Or even trade endurance/ muscles for health... catabolism??? - Not so swell anymore bro.
- Get our warcry to lower stats over lowering AV, maybe even make the enemies miss hits, run in fear after the initial stun, cry for their moms, cause they be scared and stuff.

I went back on old forum but couldn't find the old post

Asmodeus
Major
Major

I liked the skill rage in v3 where more attacking meant a gradual increase in damage/hit rate/etc.

I would love to see a change to harden to make it wv/av. We could potentially make outside spells/scrolls have reduced efficiency similar to immunity but for positive effect that belonng to something other than the temp. Obviously, with gear, this would make them more powerful but given that perfect gear doesn't even get you to max mod and given that you need 3 sets with activated rings/expensive spell potion to even get a top notch effect,

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

Bump.

Reply back from game dev's would be appreciated regarding these changes and a posssible time they would be implemented. Quite passionate about these Templar changes. Because I've always thought this is what this class should of been for over 15 years. Others may disagree.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Asmodeus wrote:
I liked the skill rage in v3 where more attacking meant a gradual increase in damage/hit rate/etc.

I would love to see a change to harden to make it wv/av. We could potentially make outside spells/scrolls have reduced efficiency similar to immunity but for positive effect that belonng to something other than the temp. Obviously, with gear, this would make them more powerful but given that perfect gear doesn't even get you to max mod and given that you need 3 sets with activated rings/expensive spell potion to even get a top notch effect,

Building rage seems interesting but first i need to talk with my black magic assistant lab5.
What do you say?

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

I like the idea!

Another thing that came to my mind is having a "Squire" like a GC for haras, you can banner summon him or something and he will help with the dps lack we have!

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

this would be the chance to discuss where and when these skills are implemented. i.e from quests and at what ranks.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Lordlava? Nyandere? Motoko? What do you think of the building rage