Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Unable to save moa 
Zool
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Appear to have an issue in that the client is not allowing me to save a character. Am unable to get it to produce a moa file.

Am using the older client as running on a dated laptop running Windows 7, not sure if that may be part of the issue?

Doing usual tweaks with running as administrator etc.

When attempt to click the save button from the client nothing happens at all. From memory I think it created an explorer box in order to save the file?

Any advice appreciated Smile

Jantaveon
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

It should open a dialog box to select where to save the file.

After clicking save, does it allow you to click on the main window (start, change description, quit, etc) or does it block that? If you are being blocked, then that would indicate that the dialog is opening but just somewhere you can't see.

If it is not blocking you, I'm not sure what would be causing that. Have you tried running the game in dxwnd?

Zool
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Does indeed allow me to click on the main window after hitting save, so no hidden dialog unfortunately.

Not tried playing with dxwnd as got it running fine with administrator and the like. Game runs absolutely fine and got a merc in to officers, but just very paranoid about not being able to save him if anything goes awry! Sad

Jantaveon
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

I tried messing around with the different compatibility modes on a pc with windows 7 and I was able to reproduce the same problem you are experiencing if the compatibility mode is set to Windows 95 or Windows 98 / ME. Changing the compatibility mode to anything newer resolved the issue. Are you by chance running with one of those compatibility modes?

Zool
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Pretty sure May have set to win95. Will give it a test tomorrow, but hopefully that will do it.

How very odd if that is it Smile

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Are you able to post a screen shot of the last screen that appears to work and the first scr4een that does not appear to work?

Zool
Lance Corporal
Lance Corporal

Now fixed after changing compatibility to XP rather than 95. How very odd.

LL, client worked absolutely normally, except that on pressing save no explorer box would appear to allow you to save name/location of moa.

Game itself worked fine, just save functionality wouldn't want to work.