Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Necro harden 
Limitless
Corporal
Corporal

So is this set in stone asa removal? My brig necro can pent captains on an rpot now, and I'm lucky to pent lt col on a gpot. The build I was using made brigs risky, but now with a loss of even more av, and the build I had, my necro can't do much. If these are changes that are going to be implemented at the drop of a hat and make an arch race (warrior MEANT to make seyaning easier not to MAIN) then what's the point of giving up my knight Arch-hara. We have that up to become something powerful, only to see people complain and put them back down to a normal playing character like a warrior. What race are you not gonna crush anytime soon so we can play it without having to let a toon sit there with a build that relied on AV? I'm asking because I want to play again, but not if your going to nerf a class people worked so hard to get. I don't play like a lot of people and I'm not hardcore, so think about people like me that still want to play, yet don't have time to make 6 different nobles.

/rant off

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Necro are still massively tanky even without harden. 190av was complete overkill. Not having harden means you can get sh2 which is just insane on a necro anyway and a far better choice in my opinion.
I got rid of harden 2 days before it was removed and I don't regret it.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Harden is so hard to sustain though, especially at lower levels. Was why I went dw/c2/sh2.

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

If u have issues penting br-gen it's likely you shouldn't be penting there even with 250 AV as ur weaponskill(and probably surround hit) aren't high enough if ur taking damage through prot/ms/gc healing you.

As for it being set in stone, probably, it completely trivialized alot of content several ranks lower than it should even be possible.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Can I suggest that you ask LW to look at your build and see if there are areas that he can suggest changes?

I would offer my free advice and vast wisdom on the topic but I have never seriously played a necro since we first created it. (*should I have admitted that?*)

Note that whilst we do not have any plans to reverse that change, nothing is ever cast in concrete and we will continue to make small tweaks to races and item stats over time.
My preference is to make more smaller tweaks rather than fewer larger changes as these are easier to reverse or adjust if we go too far in any direction.

The feedback I have been given is that necros are still (significantly) over powered relative to other races.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Lordlava wrote:
Can I suggest that you ask LW to look at your build and see if there are areas that he can suggest changes?

I would offer my free advice and vast wisdom on the topic but I have never seriously played a necro since we first created it. (*should I have admitted that?*)

Note that whilst we do not have any plans to reverse that change, nothing is ever cast in concrete and we will continue to make small tweaks to races and item stats over time.
My preference is to make more smaller tweaks rather than fewer larger changes as these are easier to reverse or adjust if we go too far in any direction.

The feedback I have been given is that necros are still (significantly) over powered relative to other races.

Can we know in what respect they are overpowered? Given that most classes are strong at noble+, I am curious in relation to others how they fare.
Thanks

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

Asmodeus wrote:
Lordlava wrote:

Can we know in what respect they are overpowered? Given that most classes are strong at noble+, I am curious in relation to others how they fare.
Thanks

They're more or less immune to spells, blind+c2 drops noble npc spells so low a col could res them.
They were by far the tankiest class, ms+harden+gc healing you+near immunity to spells+one of the highest wep skill bases(+10 from sword and 105 max). And even now they remain pretty much the tankiest, ms+gc healing.
Also they're one of the highest damage classes(hara/seyan beat them due to b2 doing absurd aoe damage) due to special sword+high wep skill+ gc that is more or less a warrior without spells.
The only thing they're not better at than other races is damage(hara/seyan) and stunning(but blind+super tank made that unneccesary) and i guess curse.. but they have blind to replace that.