Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Offended wrote:
Lordlava wrote:
So is the problem that there are not enough clans or that the existing clans do not let in new members or is there something else?

Lets define the problem first before we jump to the solution?

I would have to say both are contributing factors.

I wasn't let into a couple of clans so I created my own. I've since stopped inviting people into mine because of things walking away in clan hall.

There's a few clans that will never die regardless of their activity because of how much plat they have. Which is why I thought a variable rent % would be more suitable than a fixed.

Touche, sounds like hoarding.

Jk. That is why someone made Level 3 doors, they are there to keep those pesky looters away. Use them wisely.

Also on behalf of Nyandereneko, I believe we like everyone, our motto is, "we like everyone". SO join us! You poor clan-less souls, join us now and be part of the happiest happy go lucky bunch in all aranock!

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Less alliances, more clans, more competition. i said moar!

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Bubbles wrote:
Less alliances, more clans, more competition. i said moar!

Typical evil RDV propaganda, wanting to thin out clans so they can pick them on one by one.

Labfiveonly peace advocate.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

I think one of the issues with clans is that there are maybe not enough rewarding activities surrounding it which requires clan members to somewhat create their own content for their own.

Random clan quests and stuff might be interesting.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

I agree with more clan group stuff so long as there is not the rage that goes with - I cant do that because I am not in a clan.

Clan activities that require multiple people to do them?

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

- Make an arena with a really though NPC inside it for each one of the clans. (maybe something a bit stronger than the guy walking in SF, the AT).

- Arena size could be 100 x 100 tiles or so. Maybe smaller.

- Every X amount of hours, Every and any clan can attack said Area by entering a portal that connects to that area. The re-spawn of the NPC is X ammount of real hours. (this way people can't just camp farm it). A big notification appears on a red message telling everyone online they can go and defend their NPC or kill other clans NPC, lets call him Guardian. We can have a timer on the page.

- Like a free for all rumble. Alliances shall be made, others, destroyed, discord shall raise. An era of chaos shall envelope all aranock!

- Clans can choose to enter their own Arena to defend their guardian against enemy clans.

- Others can choose to attack it all at once or 1 by 1. For example 2+ clans can team up to kill 1 clan Guardian or as many as they want, meaning all other clans. But the same pvp rules apply, you can hurt any one not inside your own clan.

- When a Guardian dies it gives the Last hitter Or the Killer, a Platinum reward, or points. Or both. Some gold even.

- Clan whose had their Guardian slain will Loose ???-???? plat.

-????

?????

Profit.

Note: That way inactive clans can get destroyed bwahahahahahahah, slowly but surely.

Labfiveonly the creator of fun.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

We once had an similiar idea for clans where they would have to fight over a contested area, like a cabin or some sort. The cabin would have a flag with the color of the clan. And some Chests would spawn inside the building with a exp pole. They would have to actively defend it in order to keep it.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

I was thinking daily quests like kill x or solve x.
Reward could be a small amount of plat and maybe new clan currency to buy some special stuff like timed chests or buffs for clan.

chronicxx
Corporal
Corporal

From a noobs point of view

I think I agree with clan based activities but I also think that platinum should be removed from penting entirely. Mines makes sense to get platinum. Getting platinum out of thin air from penting does not..

My suggestion would be to have an Npc who makes announcements to achieving a goal.
I think that goal should be in line with what's in the game. My suggestion would be to
Have an area like a shiva castle/tower/AT area where clan members can join together
And literally invade to kill off all the creatures in the area and puzzles. There could be
several chests in that area for Clan item drops and platinum random drops. Make it long.
And when you reach the end you Go through a portal your return to the clan hall gaining
a fixed amount of platinum. Like the Portals in AT for exp scrolls.

Wether you can design it so that clan members ranks are averaged out and npc creatures are spawned at that average rank. Brilliant.

ideas, opinions. Go