Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 DXwnd Settings 
Zoss
Private
Private

These are my settings for DXwnd. Some people have difficulty setting this up so here they are.
The game runs fine for me - these settings are tested on: Windows 8.1 64 bit - Intel i960 - Nvidia 780GTX - 16GBDDR3 RAM. Keep in mind this is 5 year + old hardware as of this post and not running Windows 10.

This will create a Aranock window, measuring 1280x900. Change the initial window size to your liking. I like it like this.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Nice and clear Zoss.

Good job.

Bobby
Private First Class
Private First Class

Hello, i'm sure this is super old but I was wondering if it makes a difference to run the game in windowed or fullscreen. I am using Windows 10 in but running in XP SP2. Just curious if anyone has played around with window resizing or moving the window to the corner of the screen, or even another monitor for that matter. Please let me know. Thanks

Akephalos
Corporal
Corporal

Bobby wrote:
Hello, i'm sure this is super old but I was wondering if it makes a difference to run the game in windowed or fullscreen. I am using Windows 10 in but running in XP SP2. Just curious if anyone has played around with window resizing or moving the window to the corner of the screen, or even another monitor for that matter. Please let me know. Thanks

Bobby, in order to run the game in a windowed mode, you need a 3rd party application that hooks the client to display as a window. If you see in the screenshots above, Zoss uses the program Dxwnd. You will need this program to force it into windowed mode. Once you are using the program, you can check the 2nd screenshot of the parent post - look in the bottom left hand corner under "Position" box. This is where you select the window size and resolution, as well as where the window opens on your screen. Hope this helps.

Bobby
Private First Class
Private First Class

Okay, thanks very much Akephalos!