Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Lab 12 
Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Scrap the whole lab make it Mine lvl 4 and remake 12 using parts and aspects from every previous lab.

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Yh lab12 needs a revamp. Mining your way through it seems no fun at all. only for a mine4 purpose.

I got this crazy idea for a lab 12 revamp, or some kind of quest which could be epic but takes up a lot of time to make and space. I'll give you my 2 cents now:

The game has a lot of lore build into it, like azrael's helmet thingie, or shiva and his gang over there. But most people are unaware of all this cuz the helmet been taken away since the start and u hardly ever go to blackstrong hold. There are probably more lore pieces that i am not naming.

What if, lab 12 was revamped so that it looks like part of the town but a "100" years back. You could remake just part of the town and make the parts that are useless unaccesible with this black "fog" that you cant penetrate. Giving you an idea you are in a dream state or somewhat. Sure some places could be remade, like theives house, but back a 100 years ago, it used to be more dangerous Wink like brig rank thieves instead, depending on what rank you want this to be. The guy still asks u for the quest item u need to bring from there. and u still have to do that to complete the lab (part of it, so u actually do fight).

But lets say you have to help this guy azrael, who entered as a new player, you are obviously higher lvl so u have to help him out. Maybe shiva who used to be NOT immortal back in those days lol, was planning on an invasion too, and starts sending more and more troops into the city you'd have to kill too. Make it so those mobs can enter the city through the strange forest, but you cannot go there yet. Iam sure there is a way to do that. Once you done some of the quests, involving some more lore. You have to beat off shiva's army. Maybe you can see the rise of azrael going mad and staying in the haunted castle like a drunken king, and u will understand why his "crown" ended up there in the first place. There are lots of ideas to be made here. You dont have to remake the whole town, just a part, and block off the rest so things dont get too extreme. Maybe involve the kwai/gorn halls in it, give them a purpose.

This can be a perfect way to finish the labyrinths. To me this sounds fun to learn more about the lore of the city and its inhabitants (alot more then mining). Just u need an active builder who knows what hes doing and has alot of time. And obviously you do need the space on the map to make it on, with some creativity you dont have to make it as HUGE as it is now, just give it an appaerance that you are in the same town but a 100 years ago.

Jack
Private
Private

Cyrus ad I were thinking you could have a random drop % on whether the dwarves drop the gems per area as well???
So in ruby area there's a 5% drop rate of rubies and so on per area.

At least it might not take as long to solve the lab...?