Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Your thoughts on new wc? 
Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Hello we would like to know your thoughts on the late december changes upon warcry.

For those who don't know
Warcurse was replaced with Warcry debuff which lowers armor.
Warcry now costs 100 end; but has a shorter exhaust.

Something to keep in mind is Greater replenishing potions now give 200 endurance.
(was 500,this is to counteract the lowered cost of warcry)

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Warcry, hmmm... where should I start from?

See, the under water Golems and I had this "who is the strongest" thing clear. Whenever I would descend to the depths of the under water world where this wanna be pirates reside; one could start to hear growls and shouts of desperation and fear, as they knew I, the one and only was there, and so, they knew their life would be ending soon and that they would be brought back to life by an unknown dark power just be slain again over and over until I would bore myself and spare them once more.

Their fear was not something they were born with, it only grew after that first time they heard "the Cry of war"; a sound so loud, powerful and frightening that all they could do was shiver in fear while being knocked unconscious for a few seconds and as soon as they would regain consciousness, a gigantic Axe would smite their heads silly.

I can still remember those fun times we spent together, when I would chase them around and all they could do was run while cowering in fear as they had no way to fight that manly scream of death and that gigantic axe of awesomeness.

It was all good until that one morning, that morning where everything changed.

I started my day as usual, woke up, grabbed some coffee, polished my Tin Suit, readied my axe and departed on my journey. As usual, I bought one of those expensive scrolls and teleported to the depths of the ocean floor were my friends, the Karate wannabe Pirate Golems, were waiting for me.

As soon as they saw me, they all started doing the usual thing, screaming and running for their lives. I let the first Cry of War hit their sensitive Golem ears, you know, expecting the normal thing, I just chased them until I was in range to hit them. But to my surprise, they were not running, nor screaming, they were just barely astonished, blank minded, non present. It was not the usual KO they would get for a few seconds after they hear my super uber awesome Warcry, no, this was more like they were having a train of thoughts ram into their minds, wondering about existence, life, love and pentagrams, all at once.

I tried once again but I felt I was exhausted. I couldn't do it. Something inside me felt awkward, like this whole story.

I was not able to shout like I used to. I had to wait a couple of seconds until I was able to do it again. I thought to myself, "No, this can't be happening, was it the coffee? was it because I only ate 3 eggs instead of my usual 5? no...", so I took a deep breath and I tried once again, a loud shout, still glorious but not really, and there it was, exhaustion, I was in awe as so where they, they pretended to be scared, but I could see it in their mossy eyes, it was empathy, not fear.

As I was there, in shock, they all gathered around me and gave me a present. It was salt. Salt that I could spread in the forums.

Laughing

TL;DR:
Hmm, I think that Warcry was better before, I feel that penting experience gain was less after the change, 400K/h+- ish vs 700K/h+- ish before.

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

Love the story Lab.

Rizpah
Corporal
Corporal

I did notice its effects on my AT penting 1st lts. Without WC my SH could not land on 1st lts but could while they were affected by it. I have no experience with WC pre changes so I have no opinion about the effectiveness of the change.