Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Retrial please 
Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Can we please have a retrial of changes thatbwere made to stun which some people cried or threatened to quit so it was removed.

After hearing that this attempt at fix which could of had the potential to balance many aspects and make the game more playable along with challenging but people couldnt handle fact they could just walk into room and kill everything with a press of button or couldnt watch netflix well playing because someone tried to fix a 18 year old issue within the game is rediculious.

Now i realize i wasnt around for trial and dont know exact details but from all my expeience ANYTIME when a change is made that requires some time to adjust and tweak but has so much potential all players see is "OMG I cant One hit kill that monster anymore i have to hit him 3-4 times and he actully made me break a nail this is garbage take it out or i quit".

Now for me I would just say cya thanks for playing but obviously people pleasing and babying is a requirment in todays day and age.
But what alot of players dont see or listen to is common sense and fact that PROPER testing and balancing isnt possible (with game and admin this size)without implementing the change and having constructive and helpful player feedback and making adjustments over time. But again we all MUST have it perfect from start and oh god if it weakens me Im going to go get my lawyer and sue you lol. To often do we and i am included im just as guilty in past of all previous comments.

BUT what i have learned as i grew up and became an old asshat is for aloy of good, new or fun experiences in life to happen there is usally a challenge to go with it prior which takes time.

Like swimming, riding bike or driving...etc etc
Now most of us learnt how to do all this to further enjoyment in life and had to learn anf make adjustments as we learnt. So now because a 6 lane traffic circle is pain in ass to navaigate and Most people hate navagating them does that mean there going to be removed...nope you have to figure out to adjust and learn your best way to do it. Anyway long story short can we maybe please all give changes a try and not just scream bloody murder at first sign of a small cut on our hands. I for one love a challenege and not same boring routine that requires no thought or effort.

Im done and oh btw Ishtar fixed stun by making it Spell called freeze....then used it in v3 which is pretty much exact same as change to stun they tried here.....

Asmodeus
Major
Major

Bad case of keyboard diarrhea there...

What happened to stun recently?

Lordlava
Greater God
Greater God

The Stun change was implemented to reduce the duration of stun after each repeated stun (where the previous stun had not worn out).
The ability was set up for a god to be able to dynamically change the stun reduction factor from 1.00 all the way down to 0.01 where 1.00 meant no reduction and 0.95 mean that each repeated stun lasted 0.95 times as long as the previous stun.
The objective as to reduce the effect of perma stun where 1st stun (almost) always wins.
The objections related to PvP where it was stated that it eliminated the use of stun and the enemy could always escape and we had "nerfed" PvP stun without consultation and the entire game was now ruined. [Or something along those lines].
I am not sure whether anyone actually noticed the effect or whether it was an objection in principle.

Sigh.
After a period of objections I reset the stun reduction factor back to 1.00 but the facility still remains as available but inactive.