Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Curious question 
Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

Just curious about any updates containing new content/areas?
And please dont take this as me bit....ing. Im just wondering if there is anything in works other then continuation of REbirth or new race which is great and brilliant idea but with no new challenges/areas even items requiring RB moving onto RB2, in my mind anyway which there isnt much left , seems to just be a way of trying to sweep the dirt under rug. Dont get me wrong everyone likes more power and better stats but would be nice to see somewhere to out all that work to use.

So my question is what can we as community due to help, donations? Programming? Pent until we die of old age? Serious though is there any big issues that are preventing or delaying new stuff. I for one would absolutely love to see Aranock Grow further and in a wider array insted of just adding what seems to be bandaids in hopes it holds everything in. Please forgive me if i sound ignorant as my knowledge of complexity of Creating and Programming within V2 realm is well next to nil i just care and would love to be able to help or lend a hand whereever needed. And yes i do realize Everyonre has lived jobs familys etc etc

LazyWarrior
Baron of Aranock
Baron of Aranock

No challenge can require rebirth because non maxxed unrebirthed versions of certain races are many times stronger than fully maxxed geared rebirthed versions of other races.
So if we made an area requiring rebirth.. only like 2 or 3 races can even do it.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

LazyWarrior wrote:
No challenge can require rebirth because non maxxed unrebirthed versions of certain races are many times stronger than fully maxxed geared rebirthed versions of other races.
So if we made an area requiring rebirth.. only like 2 or 3 races can even do it.

This is just not thinking big enough. We could make areas that are dynamically balanced based on the race/races entering the area. Think an entrance similar to cohors, but with an allowance of group of size 1-3. Where the mobs/environment would balance around the races that are in the group.

Mino
Second Leutenant
Second Leutenant

oooops i forgot i had made this post....had couple beer and muscle relaxer together wasnt great combo if you plan on doing anything lol

anyway I know there is tons of reasons or difficulties to making new content. Insted of Negative crap like that can we help to try tio find solutions. I just keep seeing stuff like Rebirth and New class being talked about or worked on when really ts just repeat all same stuff many of us have already done multiple times or for some 100x over lol.

My goal or thought in making this post bring up is I hope it will lite a fire to help us find some solutions or workable ideas for new areas as to expand and grow Aranock as for most of s who play and have played since 1998+ this game and community have made some great impacts and want to see it grow and i for one am willing to help in whatever capacity i can..which unfortunately isn't a huge one as my knowledge and computer skills are not up to par.

So what are main reasons for not much new map content has being made or released? Is there anything we can do to help?
What are some things we as community and players can help with that may benefit aranock or admin?

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

See, to make a new area, you have to think about the use for it - It should have some sort of background story to make it easier to design/create - Give it a purpose, a sense of direction, where do you want to go with this, what do you want players to achieve?

What will the purpose of this area be? - Getting new gear through quests/fighting/grinding? Beating almost impossible to beat NPCS with huge rewards? A grinding type of area where you collect loot and trade it for different types of rewards? A place just to test how stronk you are and grind for ever and ever and after? etc...

In short: how will the player reap X type of reward? Be it experience, items, or just a sense of accomplishment (Titles, fancy names, like "Smelly Labfiveonly" - Achieved after 1 month of no showering) .

There are many things involved in games:
Graphics are just one of the many things that can help, you also have story telling, mechanics/behavior, map/environment design, sound, etc...

With that in mind, You can always pick Gimp or Photoshop and start practicing re drawing stuff so you can get the hang of it and later on draw your own graphics!
- I can help and guide you and so can youtube.

An idea:
For new areas it would be cool to have a new feel, like for example: lava and stone(different than the one in mines, more like a volcano area), moss and muddy fields, desert, valleys, abyss... etc... You get the Idea.

Or you can start creating a story for a new area, how does it work, why is it there, etc.. etc..?

But like in any type of industry, for it to actually happen it has to first be discussed, and then planned, assign roles and then finally executed.
Getting to start discussing it is the hard part, hueh hueh hueh.