Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Warrior quest 
Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

To help warrior slow kill speed without changing much. Need a quest that rewards with 64wv dual wield plat sword that gives +20 ew
Have it require 90 str agi 105 sword and dw

Asmodeus
Major
Major

64wv sword? That is a significant wv boost. Like 28wv more than tit dw sword if i recall correctly. That would put base around 116wv? Am I not getting this right?

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Would be 128 Base. But spells suck and they kill so slowly

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

No wait 118 you were right

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Even a 48 wv dw sword would be a nice improvement tbh

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I don't think this is needed, They're already incredibly strong if played and geared properly

Asmodeus
Major
Major

While I don't think increasing wv is the solution directly... I do think kill speed needs to be improved for some of the melee classes. The issue you will find here is that the big wigs who have invested incredible amounts of time into the game will come out and say that this is unnecessary because they have 300 mod or close to it with numerous spell sets. This is an unrealistic standard as very few players will ever attain the perfect ss sets which make them gods regardless of class makeup.

This is the greatest impediment to actual class reworks as the ones who do work on the server have been in situations where the downfalls of the classes are made nearly null by using incredible spell sets. Overall, something needs to happen but dev output has become non existant in the past few months and we have been waiting for over a year on a templar rebalance. Sorry to say but even these superficial changes have been disregarded in order to make room for a much more complex buff but it has been nowhere to be seen in the past year. Sad but true story....

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

While I do agree that without ss, warriors are slow, and struggle....HOWEVER, the same can be said for all classes.

My main problem with buffing them, is that they instantly become the god class, I know if they get buffed in any significant manner, My warrior will be untouchable. Then people say it's OP, then back to the nerf, It's a pointless deal. They are the one class with the MOST SIGNIFICANT gains from gear.

To some extent, I do agree you can't just cater to people like myself, with endless resources, But at the same time, you can't just ignore the sheer power and ability of a geared warrior, which, is the undisputed king of all, And if you try to argue that, I can very easily display it.

IMO, The only thing you can do without making the already geared warriors go from straight powerhouses, to unstoppable forces asserting dominance over every other class, Is to give them a sword similar to necro sword, without buffing WV. The reason this works, is because the geared warriors don't benefit, if they already hit max mod, but the penny-pinchers can benefit from the extra few mods.

Anything more significant than +10 sword +10 bless to their sword, will cause a catastrophic cascade of wealthy players forcing their will on anyone, and anything they desire.

EDIT: Granted, as is, I do that right now, but I require 2 completely opposite class-styles(WL Necro, and WL AH) with good gear to achieve it. If not careful, warriors will assume both those roles at the same time. Warriors are not a significant issue at this point in time, we have much more important things to worry about, before we start screwing around with balance.

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Btw what u are basing this warrior is weak on? Last night in ML it obviously felt slow, but thats cause u were against a room full of healers that were +1 or ur own rank. No wonder that takes a long time.

If a sorc came and had to beat 20 of his own rank and getting cursed and all, he'd be death within a second. Warriors aint strong vs a group of healers. everyone has its niche.

I do agree ATs are garbage atm thuogh, but they should be buffed in a way that doesnt make them OP on someone else's spells. For example they could have +10% or +15% spellbonus instead of what they have now. This way they can only really buff themself and if an AH spells them, nothing really changes as to what it is now.
Just been lvling an templar myself (to seyan) i found it very frustating to pent and have so many mana pots with me. Why not refilling ur mana on solve (or +100 mana back again). This still makes mana pots useful at other areas or when more people are penting, but just takes the frustation away when solo penting and carrying 20 mana pots (or 20 flowers 1 pot)

Last edited by Estherus on Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:02 pm; edited 1 time in total

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Basing their weak damage on abandoned town and pents. Most races stomp both but warriors and arch Temps suck and need a damage boost

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Realistically, Warriors don't need anything, there's only one character in this entire game that I fear

I'm a 3-4 ss setted RB WL Necro, and the only char I fear is a warrior, that's saying something.

Asmodeus
Major
Major

All you people need to take your head out of your ass and stop using pvp as a balance standard. PVP DID NOT happen in this game in 99.99999% of this server's uptime. People don't pvp and even when we had 30 people on, clan pvp was nearly non existent. Talking about fearing a class. It doesnt matter what you are, it is irrelevant. This game is a solo experience outside of a minimal amount of activities.

The only thing you can consistently do in aranock is pents and AT. For those activities, Warriors and AT suck when compared to the TTK of other classes. Is that fair? No. Is that how things should be? No. Does comparing classes on basis of broken gimmick pvp make sense? No. Once you are stunned, you are dead. Doesn't matter what class you are. Balancing every other feature in this game around pvp when pvp is extremely broken is limiting the ideas and output.

We are waiting on AT buffs and it will never happen because some tool thinks that because a sorc/warr/ah can spell up a temp 1% of the time, 99% of their game time should be garbage.

I see myself log in less and less and less for this very reason. Players that spend obscene amounts of time online and gather great gear limiting the capacity of every other class. We need to take this discussion away from specific players and target it towards classes at large. Beyond class balance, we must keep in mind that the real detriment to this game is dev silence. Whenever we start seeing people actively rolling out content, the player base triples. Then it stops and we go back no one online.

Exodus
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

See above for what I was getting at lol. I don't care at all for pvp only pve

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Even without considering pvp, the warrior can do anything I can do and it can do ti better. Plain and simple, Aside from tanking but I'm a necro so that's that. as far as being slow in pents, so are temps, and necros, do they need buffs too?

in AT, just use stun, my friend, they won't heal things that are stunned while you're SH'ing...Problem solved, you'll AT faster than a necro. Win.

Estherus
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

I kind of have to agree with Cloun here.

Though i can only base this on my experience as a sorc. As a sorc, you can use SS-spell-set to spell yourself, but those add only a marginal extra to what you already have, having 90WV or 92 WV doesnt matter much for a sorc. The only thing a sorc would need to be more sturdier is more sword mod. But You cant really go around wearing SS +sword (or +dagger) gear cause that will age rapidly.

Warriors on the other hand can easily use big +SS-spell-sets cause they arent close to max mod cap and that gives them a HUGE boost in spellpower. Making them nearly godlike in pents cause they have the 105 base sword skill to back up their defence.

Sure sorcs pent faster, but that has nothing to do with them being stronger. Cause imho they arent stronger at all. It is just the fact they have this niche that allows them to quickly go grab pents while not killing a single mob.

Last note, you shouldnt compare a warrior with a necromancer or a seyan. Cause they were made to be stronger then warriors on purpose. (Especially a necro since u have to give up a warlord for it).