Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 Castle Quests 
Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

To make castle quests more usable, instead of just have one portal as it is now, seeing as the memory for it is so unknown, and it's very hard to group through them for the same reason.

How hard would it be to just have 3 portals, one that goes to each quest, and have the areas function independently. Insead of having the memory for sending you to the determined area, use it for the quest items and givers themselves. Can't hand in the bronze helmet unless you've handed in the tombstone first.

Doing this would make doing them in order more beneficial as you don't get the quest item exp unless you do the previous ones.
One of my problems with the way it is now, It's alot of time to dedicate if I want to go through #3, can't log out at all, or even leave the computer for 10-15 minutes to deal with something irl. Anyone who has kids(I'm sure will get a laugh here) has absolutely zero chance of getting through all 3 unless they ship their kids to grandma(lmao). Or, for someone like myself, I have customers come by to look at cars, bring them by for repairs, or call to sell them. Any of those situations, I end up being halfway through #2, and have to recall, and back to square one.

On the topic of recall, The other day I was in q3, and accidentally hit recall on skill list instead of skele gc...back to square one.

This isn't coming from an experienced coder, but I'm almost positive the portals can be done straight from build mode, and then when LL gets the time, he can transfer the completion memory code to the quest givers/items. As easy as it gets, as far as dev is concerned, While providing a HUGE benefit for players as far as accessibility to an area which alot of people spent alot of time designing, building, and testing, that right now is entirely ignored. The last time I heard castle quests mentioned was someone asking me to help them do q1 for the champ quest.

Thoughts? Comments? Criticism? Don't worry, you won't hurt my feelings, I'm a big boy.