Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Vote Lurker for coder 2016

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Dungeon walls!

If you are wondering about the transition between the top left wall and the bottom left wall, is because I think mob scaling should also reflect on the dungeon theme, what I mean is that in the beginning, on the lower ranks, you have amicable colors and stuff and the harder it gets, the colors of the next generated dungeon change! Until you are in the godly tripping colors realm fighting Warlords that have boosted WV/AV with Mushrooms!

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

Im voting lab5 for prez today.

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

As President, my first task shall be to build a wall, a wall so big, it will keep those Shivaxicans out of The United Aranockian states!

o/

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Well I just threw together some preliminary code, to generate a map, starting location, ending location and mob locations. Created the stuff on server to throw it in too. Pretty cool stuff. Smile It's nice to be doing some fun coding for a change. I'll make a video of it in action later.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Preliminary version working. Generates map, keeps a static start and end point, but maze changes to get there. It does generate locations for mobs, just haven't added mob spawning/removing yet.

https://youtu.be/1XV8dpyrM-g

Labfiveonly
Major General
Major General

Awesome possum bro!

Keep up the good work.

- How do you pick ranks? (as in how do you pick the difficulty in which you want to play in - Making items that represent ranks? Paying an NPC X amount of gold? Giving X amount of gold to a shrine?)
- Ranks should scale depending on certain conditions (Full clear of mobs(how easy is this? as this could affect many things and give more possibilities), X amount of completions?)
- Grouping: How is grouping teleporting done?
- Extra Added difficulty ? (Health drain like in UW or any water filled place)
- Experience stack up. If the point of this is, for the more mazes you complete, the more exp you get, then there has to be a counter for experience depending on how many times you touch a continue portal and this obviously resets once you touch a "I give up/ I am done portal" or well, you die. (Counter: Experience*dungeon rank + times completion stacked exp)

So looking at this there are 3 key points in each map:
-Starting point
-Exit portal
-Continue portal

The reward exp for completion should not be much as to force players to kill mobs (greater exp) rather than skip the mobs and teleport every time, say, just an added incentive.
This completion exp could be more if you can code on a check to see whether all mobs are dead. Say for example each maze will randomly place 10 mobs, each mob = 5 exp * Rank (Keep in mind this is just for the completion exp, not the killing exp).

Rank 10 example:

Each Dungeon completion is lets say 100exp*Rank. 1000 Exp in rank 10.
Killing 10 npcs 5*10 * 10 = 500 exp

That is 1500 exp.

Now, we could add an add up for each time you continue, it could be half of this exp or something similar.

Lets say we make it a requirement to complete 4 mazes before you progress to the next rank, it can be any number but lets go with 4 for the time being.

So lets say you completed 4 maps and killed mobs in every map.
1500 * 4 = 6000
and as an added bonus for 4 dungeons completion, we add half of that exp as an added bonus, so 3000.

Numbers and variables can change, this is just an idea.

Lurker
Colonel
Colonel

Most of that would have to be figured out in a testing environment if we can actually get this implemented. I would propose that you can't continue unless every mob is killed. And have starting rank of mobs based on group average rank. Group teleporting would be similar to cohors, and using end portal would TP you to a room similar to castle quest, where you can either continue or exit. At least that is my thoughts ATM. I was more worried about getting the actual random generation of the dunged in before worrying about that stuff, since the rest is pretty basic, and will require balance testing.

But I'm not even going to worry about that unless someone from admin team, contacts me and wants me to go further with this.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I would be willing to donate my time balance testing on the test server or something, to do my part to get this implemented.

Bubbles
Lieutenant-Genera
Lieutenant-Genera

This looks fun as hell lurker!

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I'd just like to throw this out there, If admin feels there is no need for a group oriented levelling option(we need more options)
this would be great to implement for 'random' themed items.

Random being used lightly, In my head I see rainbow items(or buffs)

Rainbow items, min rank based upon what level chest is picked, with stats based upon what style of reward

Choice between Melee Weapon, Melee armour, Caster weapon, Caster armour, or the one I personally think would be the most interesting reward, Rainbow Buff

The rainbow buff would be one size fits all(power based upon what level chest ofcourse) with say 10-15 randomly chosen stats.

Example: Max + to stats available equal to (player rank nr + 5, Each chest level breakpoint would have a max too, Just for an easy example, chest levels would be Pvt(1), 1sg(2), Major(3), Magen(4), Fdm(5), and Warlord(6).

Level one chests could be max +12(rpot) to stats, Level 2 could be max +15(between rpot/gpot), Level 3 chests could be max +18(gpot), Level 4 chests max +21(between gpot/dpot), Level 5 chests max +24(dpot), Level 6 chests max +28(Warlord rank + 5)

Say a Warlord hits a Level 4 chest, Max + he could get is +21, Stats could end up being like axe/staff/blast/ms/stun/id/craft/hp/regen

or could end up being bless/pro/ew/ms/sword/stun/curse/c2/res/imm(Nearly impossible roll) or anything in between, buff length could be random 30 min, 60 min, or 90 min

Thoughts?