Register  |  FAQ  |  Search  |  Memberlist  |  Usergroups  |  Log in 
Reply to topic
 / button not working 
Walt
Private
Private

Whenever I'm playing my (/ ?) button stops working, and I have to log out and log back in for it to work again. I thought it was my keyboard, but it only happens in game

Mayhem
Sergeant Major
Sergeant Major

And what about your # ? does that still work?
Did you try to reinstall the game?

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Do you have it set to some macro/script or something?

Doesn't make a lot of sense for one key to not work only in game

Walt
Private
Private

I didn't test every key, but I know that sometimes my apostrophe doesn't work either. It never happens right when I log in either. It just happens randomly, and sometimes starts working again on it's own, but I usually have to log off. I haven't tried to reinstall yet, I'll try that and if the problem continues I'll post back.

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I've had interesting keyboard issues lately as well and only while in this game...

My keyboard at times will take up to 15 seconds to respond, which for me is an eternity. I'm a reletively fast typer.

Sometimes the shift key will only let me hold it down for half a second or so which makes penting an interesting challenge.

I haven't tried doing anything to fix it though, I just deal with it.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Offended wrote:
I've had interesting keyboard issues lately as well and only while in this game...

My keyboard at times will take up to 15 seconds to respond, which for me is an eternity. I'm a reletively fast typer.

Sometimes the shift key will only let me hold it down for half a second or so which makes penting an interesting challenge.

Very odd... no idea.

Are you using some sort of VM?

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

I am familiar with this issue, it's not a result of VM.

The issue is international keyboards, or at least it was for me.

The cause of the change was the hotkey to scroll through input languages(My hotkey by default on win7 is LeftAlt+Shift)

What I did, because I don't speak any other languages fluently enough to need an international keyboard, was just remove all other than English - US.
I'm assuming just changing the hotkey to something more unlikely to get accidentally pressed would work as well.

Ketchup
Corporal
Corporal

This happens to me every so often as well. Just hit the left shift and alt buttons at the same time and it should reset. You might have to do it a couple times as once in a while I have to go ham on em for it to work normal again ; p

Offended
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Motoko wrote:
Offended wrote:

Very odd... no idea.

Are you using some sort of VM?

No, windows 10.

I also do not have an international keyboard? I don't think? My keyboard is bluetooth, I can tell you that.

Either way, it's whatever. It has only been a big enough PITA to cuss a few times.

Cloun
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

There seems to be some misunderstanding, let me elaborate...It is NOT the keyboard itself, it is a WINDOWS SETTTING.

Go to control panel -> Clock/Language/Region/Keyboards(whatever it's called) -> Change keyboard or other input -> Keyboards and languages -> Change Keyboards

In this window, you will see the windows installed international keyboards, and in the advanced key settings tab, there is a hotkey to switch between languages.
You have a few options here, You can remove the hotkey for swapping between languages, or what I did, just remove all international keyboards from the list in the general tab.

I'm not sure exactly what specifically is causing this game to hit that keybind(The default keybind to swap languages is LeftAlt + Shift) but that is why this is happening.

You may now throw roses at my feet.

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Cloun wrote:
There seems to be some misunderstanding, let me elaborate...It is NOT the keyboard itself, it is a WINDOWS SETTTING.

Go to control panel -> Clock/Language/Region/Keyboards(whatever it's called) -> Change keyboard or other input -> Keyboards and languages -> Change Keyboards

In this window, you will see the windows installed international keyboards, and in the advanced key settings tab, there is a hotkey to switch between languages.
You have a few options here, You can remove the hotkey for swapping between languages, or what I did, just remove all international keyboards from the list in the general tab.

I'm not sure exactly what specifically is causing this game to hit that keybind(The default keybind to swap languages is LeftAlt + Shift) but that is why this is happening.

You may now throw roses at my feet.

I'll throw rat guts at your feet.

Omnomnom.

Walt
Private
Private

Just an update, ever since I rebirthed I no longer have that problem, sooooo....yay?

Motoko
Major General
Major General

Walt wrote:
Just an update, ever since I rebirthed I no longer have that problem, sooooo....yay?

Makes no sense, but hey, whatever works.